Interislander is a transport company owned by the state- KiwiRail that offers road and ferry transport services. It operates on Cook Strait next to Wellington, New Zealand’s capital city. The ferries take three hours to cover the 92 kilometers journey between Wellington and Picton. Many have described Interislander ferries as some of the most beautiful ride experiences in the world.
- Driver facilities – before boarding the ferry drivers can wait at the facilities provided at both Wellington and Picton terminals. This gives them time to relax and also stretch up a bit before they embark on the next journey. Drinking facilities are provided here and some have shower and sleeping lounge facilities provided for drivers.
- Tug/Linehaul services – Tug services are run overnight since there are many trailers crossing Cook Strait throughout the night till morning. These services ensure efficiency in loading and offloading of trailers on the ferries. There is continued investment in machinery used for these services to ensure quality services are provided. Linehaul services mainly address the need to move trailers from other areas.
- Moving livestock – for those intending to ferry livestock, these services are available on Interislander and proper guidelines/requirements have been set to ensure that this is done seamlessly.
Visit hameleonjohn.com to get your Interislander promo code now and enjoy many more discounts.
- Vehicle check-in – for better planning all drivers of commercial vehicles are advised to arrive at the terminal one hour before departure. In the event that one is running late, they should contact the clerk concerned so that this can be addressed. Any vehicles that arrive 15 minutes before departure without prior information about the same will most probably be left out.
- Dangerous goods – requirements for moving dangerous goods by sea are different from those considered when moving by road. When one is in need of such services they can access these requirements online.
- Securing points – heavy commercial vehicles which tend to weigh a lot as compared to others, need to be fitted with securing point that prevent them from moving during the course of the journey in the sea.
- Livestock – among the requirements when transporting these is to have the vehicles they are being moved in, fitted with effluent holding tanks.
Great discounts and promotions
- Newsletter discounts and Interislander promo code - those who have subscribed to the interislander newsletter enjoy great discounts with Interislander promo codes available on Chameleonjohn.com
- Same day excursion – those on a same day return trip on Cook Strait, great discounts are offered as they get to enjoy fine dining, the beauty of Marlborough or even shopping at Te Papa.
There is more
Examples of discounts offered are family travel discounts, student discounts, senior discounts and some will also come with a royalty card. This will give you a great opportunity not only to enjoy the great services offered, the beauty around you but also great prices.