We decided to establish a $1,000 annual scholarship to help University students across the country, who are struggling financially. The $1,000 scholarship will be divided between 2 winners, awarding $500 to each one of them. The money will be transferred to their University’s finance/bursar account.
Applicants need to write an essay of 600-1000 words on the following topic
If you suddenly had to live at the National Poverty Level of income, for the foreseeable future, what changes to your current life would you make? Give extensive descriptive details on what would change and why you feel the changes you would make would work for you to succeed.
*Advice- do not incorporate politics; be creative and descriptive for your submission.
Your keys to winning a Scholarship
- Accuracy / Grammar
The application requirements are as follow:
- Your desired University must be in the United States;
- You must submit your application until the 31st of December 2020;
- You must choose one of the Universities from the list. If you can't find your University in the list, click on "Can't find your University?" below.
We will read all the essays and choose one applicant who will be granted the scholarship. The money will be transferred to their University’s finance/bursar account.
1. Graduate and undergraduate students of universities/colleges are eligible to apply, verification of enrollment will occur prior to payment.
2. The essay must be provided on our online platform.
3. The essay should be in English. Missing or incomplete submissions will be eliminated from consideration.
4. Final date for submission is December 31, 2020. We will choose the winner by February 1st, 2021.
5. The prize will be paid directly to the university directly on your behalf.
6. Winner will be notified by email.
7. We expect to run the Scholarship Program annually, previous winners are not eligible to win a second time; however, those applicants not chosen can reapply for the next program.
8. ChameleonJohn reserves the exclusive rights to publish the articles received. Personal information (other than first and last name) of applicants will not be published; Your photo may be published if you opt in.
9. ChameleonJohn will not charge or ask for any fees from any student who wishes to apply for the scholarship.
10. Plagiarism will be cause for immediate disqualification, all applications submitted must be from the individual applying.
11. Monies awarded for the winning scholarship(s) must be used during the year of the award only. If the winner(s) do not enroll and attend a qualified educational system the award money is forfeited. Example if scholarship deadline on December 31, 2025 and selection of winning submission is chosen on February 1, 2026 then award must be used during the 2026 year to be valid.
If you have any questions about our Scholarship program, please feel free to contact [email protected]