Strollers are a key component to any parent’s life. If you’re on the go and have an infant or a toddler, you need something reliable to help you transport your kid from place to place. New parents put so much time into researching what stroller would be the best. There are jogging strollers, full-sized strollers, 2-in-1 car seat strollers, double strollers and more. There are numerous brands of strollers out there, but there is one brand that is well-known for its quality is Bugaboo. Bugaboo is a company started in 1999 and has always been at the forefront of product innovation. Bugaboo continues to develop products that are top of the line and always up to date with the latest trends and needs.
Top 3 Versions:
Bugaboo offers numerous versions of their strollers, but some do better than others. Each version offers different features that different people would find more beneficial and helpful, dependent on the situation. According to Bugaboo, the top 3 most popular versions of their strollers are as follows:
- Bugaboo Fox
The Bugaboo Fox is the most popular version of the Bugaboo collection. The Fox stroller is the most comfortable stroller in the line of Bugaboo strollers. It is suitable for kids from birth through toddler. On top of that, this stroller has the highest performance of driving and provides a smooth ride to your child every time. With the strong and sturdy design, the Bugaboo Fox will last you through some of the worst conditions. It’s also extremely lightweight and compact that it allows for easy lifting and storage both at home and on the go. It also has the compatibility to go with a car seat. The seat is in a higher position to make it easier getting children in and out.
- Bugaboo Ant
The Bugaboo Ant is the next best seller from Bugaboo. The Ant stroller is best for traveling. As the lightest, most compact stroller, the Ant is very innovative and allows for easy on-the-go comfort. The Ant gets its name for being extremely compact. The compact design allows it to travel well as a carry-on for most airlines and fold into one piece and also provides a pull-along mode to make moving through airports or other public transportation hubs easier. The best travel stroller Bugaboo has to offer, and it also has a wide range of color options so you can pick what suits you and your style best. Car seat-compatible and suitable for children up to 50lbs, the Ant is perfect for travel or as a second stroller for children over 6 months of age.
- Bugaboo Bee5 Seat Stroller
The Bugaboo Bee5 Seat Stroller is small and compact but does not take any comfort away from your child. The Bee5 has four-wheel suspension and extra seat padding that provides for a soft and cozy ride every time. The four small swivel wheels help make steering easier, even with only one hand. In the city streets and in and out of public transportation, everything becomes that much easier. The Bugaboo Bee5 is best for kids starting from age 6 months up until they’re toddler aged. This stroller is only one piece and allows convenience and easiness to store when you’re not using it and allows one hand to stay free so life on the go is much more ideal. Multiple car seats are compatible with this stroller and the seat is reversible and reclinable.
Comparison to other top brands:
There are so many different brands of strollers available to people, and some of it may be personal preference as to which you would prefer; however, some top brands that are comparable to Bugaboo are Baby Jogger, UPPAbaby and Doona. Some other top brands include Chicco, Britax, and Mockingbird. These brands all have pros and cons to them, but in comparison to Bugaboo, the main differences are as follows:
- Most of these brands run slightly less expensive than Bugaboo strollers. Some vary from hundreds of dollars in difference to just a few. The three top brands, UPPAbaby (bassinet stroller,) Baby Jogger (everyday stroller,) and Doona (travel stroller) have comparable strollers. The prices vary for the most part; however, the travel strollers are pretty comparable. Use the chart below to compare pricewise:
- Different strollers have different inclusions
that make a huge difference. Some accessories are sold separately, but certain
strollers include items that vastly reduce your overall cost.
Vista (Bassinet Stroller)
- The UPPAbaby Vista not only includes the basics: the frame, basket and wheels, but it also a bassinet and toddler seat with the ability to have both a front-facing and rear-facing child. Along with these two separate seats, you’re provided with a multitude of shields: from rain shields to bug shields, both your infant child and toddler child will be shielded from these natural occurrences. In addition, a bumper bar is also included in the total price of the UPPAbaby Vista. ($980)
Jogger city mini GT2 (Everyday Stroller)
- The Baby Jogger city mini GT2 includes a UV protection canopy to protect children from the rays. To allow the person pushing the stroller full control, there is an adjustable handlebar with a hand-operated parking brake so that it can be easily controlled. There’s a comfort factor for the kids as well. There’s an adjustable calf support so that your child can kick up his heels and comfortably relax during a stroll. To add to the comfort, it reclines and can go to a near-flat position. There are included adapters for a car seat; however, the car seat is sold separately. ($400)
Car Seat and Stroller (Travel Stroller)
- The Doona Car Seat and Stroller is extremely convenient because it comes with both a stroller and a car seat, so it saves the additional cost of buying a separate car seat. To make it even more convenient, there’s a LATCH base that allows the car seat to connect directly to the stroller. There’s an infant insert and head support to make it the most comfortable ride possible. There’s a vehicle seat protector that comes with the Doona. ($500)
- UPPAbaby Vista (Bassinet Stroller)
- Different strollers have different inclusions that make a huge difference. Some accessories are sold separately, but certain strollers include items that vastly reduce your overall cost.
Pros of Bugaboo:
The Bugaboo strollers, though slightly more expensive, are very much worth the cost. The quality is top-notch, and it seems to be quite the popular stroller in multiple countries. Many of the options come with quite a number of accessories. There are still missing components; however, from what I’ve researched, it would still be worth the cost.
- Bugaboo Fox Seat and Bassinet Stroller
- The Bugaboo Fox Stroller provides many facets that make a stroller a great stroller. It comes with the seat fabric, a bassinet, sun canopy, wheel caps, handlebar grips and the base box that includes the chassis, seat frame and accompanying hardware, bassinet hardware, wheels, under-seat basket, carry handle and rain cover. Many of these small things add up to make everything more expensive, so combining them all into one purchase will make the price seem astronomical at first, but you’ll save in the long run. The Fox is suitable for newborn through toddler-aged children. ($1336)
- Buagaboo Bee5 Seat Stroller
- The Bugaboo Bee5 Seat Stroller is optimized for everyday use and is perfect even in the city. When you purchase the Bee5, you receive a seat canopy, rain cover, seat fabric and unit, handlebar grips, wheel caps set and, of course, the chassis with wheels and under seat basket. The seat can recline to three different positions to allow for ultimate comfortability. The seat is reversible to supply the utmost comfort for both the child in the stroller and the person pushing the stroller. With the right adjustments, the stroller is good from birth through toddler. Depending on age, you can make a comfortable ride and keep an eye on the little one if necessary. ($819)
- Bugaboo Ant Stroller (Travel Stroller)
- The Bugaboo Ant Travel Stroller is the perfect stroller for anyone on the go. Its lightweight, compact size allows easy maneuverability and is travel compatible. With the ability to use a car seat, the Ant is suitable for newborns and children up to 50lbs. With a reversible, reclinable seat, it provides utmost comfort to children and still has the capability to keep an eye on your child with the peek-a-boo window. When you purchase this stroller, you receive the Ant base, seat fabric, sun canopy and wheel caps. ($569)
With these inclusions in mind, take a look at the chart below to see the average cost of some of the accessories Bugaboo strollers include. If they weren’t included, think of the additional costs that you would have to consider before you purchase a stroller and compare the prices to see which is more cost-efficient. The prices come from the average cost of the accessories from other top-name brands in the stroller world.
While it all truly comes down to personal preference, there is a lot to consider when you’re buying a stroller for your newborn or your toddler. One thing that is really good to consider is if the stroller you choose can grow with your child. Many of the options provided above have the capability to adapt and adjust to accommodate children from birth through toddler age. With that in mind, you can look at the stroller as more of an investment.
Sure, the Bugaboo strollers tend to run a tad more expensive than other brands; however, if it can grow with them, you are highly likely to receive your money’s worth once the stroller reaches the end of its run. With the added expense, you typically gain quality. You pay for what you get, and with that in mind, if you have multiple children, the stroller can be used again and again.
A stroller, while not many may consider it, is a big decision. You’re entrusting the safety and comfortability of your child to this stroller or that. This means a lot. If a stroller is going to provide utmost comfortability to your child and is also a “safe place,” this is what matters.
So, looking at all of this, what do you think? Would you say invest in a Bugaboo Stroller like the Ant, Fox or Bee5? They have a ton of other options like the Cameleon. Donkey or Lynx. Or, are you going to go with the other options? There’s a lot to consider, and hopefully this information helps you in making the decision that is right for you. Which option are you going to choose? Think about it, weigh your options, and let us know below! Did we miss something? Give us your input!